Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Katalyst

Members
  • Posts

    35
  • Joined

Everything posted by Katalyst

  1. I'm currently in a large school and against the advice of the IT the teachers have all gone iPad and apple everything. They don't want to do the Apple TV root so I have looked at every possible way to get the iPad to display on a windows PC. (We have windows laptops connected to our projectors.) I have tried Reflector which worked brilliantly but it's only a seven day free trial. I then tried Mirroring360 and no matter what's suggested to me as "free" they actually mean the App is free to download but the software you stick on the PC is going to cost you. I've wrote to Reflector 2 and asked for a quote on a bulk order of license keys but does anyone have a suggestion that doesn't cost? ....aside from throwing the iPads out the window this has to be possible.
  2. In Norfolk of all places. And you don't sound horrible, actually you sound a lot like me in that respect. I want to find things out for myself. Where abouts are you?
  3. Something we both have in common then. I think it was my ability to want to learn and my enthusiasm (they try to knock constantly out of me) that got me the job. What I want from Edugeek is a place I can ask software questions and get help from without the embarrassment of looking week in front of the guys. If that makes any sense at all. I simply don't want to look stupid!
  4. Haha amazing! We're a school and sixth form as well. We've got the manager and a guy who has been here for years so the two of them are pretty experienced. Then there's me and another new guy. The new guy comes from Uni and is 21 years old. I've spent the last ten years running a pub and doing IT in the background. I'm in my late twenties now and feel sometimes I'm spending a lot of time trying to catch up to him. Which is why they call me Jen lol. But on the plus side I find I work twice as hard to get things done and I'm certainly a lot more organised than the guys. Have you noticed in IT they can only do one issue at a time?
  5. I'm a female technician for a high school and college. There's a team of four of us that handle everything and I'm the only girl. Coming from someone who is used to working with women this is kind of a new experience for me. I'm six months into the job and loving it although I keep being called Jen from the IT Crowd just because they know it winds me up! But thankfully I have a great sense of humour so I'm getting along with the guys pretty well. It's just sometimes nice to know there are other female techs out there. I get slightly annoyed when a guy looks at you thinking you can't do the job because you have boobs!
  6. Worth a try. I didn't know if someone had found a way around it. I've wrote to Meraki and made them aware that it's a problem in schools. My next step is to search for iPad monitoring software similar to AB Tutor just so I can keep an eye.
  7. With the new AB Tutor 8 software, if you great a group and import the laptops/desktops from you AD, why is it when you close AB and reopen it the group isn't saved? There isn't any option to save your created groups anywhere that I can find, nor does it seem to remember it...
  8. I manage a schools iPads using Meraki which has so far been brilliant but I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to stop children setting passcodes and alarms. It seems to be the only thing Meraki would help you avoid.
×
×
  • Create New...