Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

depresseditguy

Members
  • Posts

    2
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by depresseditguy

  1. They are mandatory profiles. The drivers are the same on all PC's, they are all based off the same image, there would be no reason the drivers on this particular machine need updating any more than they would do on another.
  2. Hi, One of my schools has a Konica Minolta Bizhub C652. This has been working fine for all users up until after the summer holidays. One of my teachers has switched classrooms and now from her new machine she cannot print to the printer. If anyone else logs onto the machine, they cannot print. If I create a new test account and login, it cannot print. The teacher with the problem machine, and everyone else can log on to any machine in the school and print fine. If I logon to the machine as administrator, I can print fine. If you try and print you get a message saying. "You do not have permission to use the selected printer. If you need access contact your network administrator" (notepad) In word, it just says you can't connect to the printer, but the print dialogue box in word 2010 is different than the one in notepad, I can only assume word is encountering the same isue So far I have tried; renaming and re-adding the machine to the domain adding every man and his dgo the security tab for the printer adding everyone with full control to the local spool folder in system32 I just cannot get my head around it, there shouldn't be any permission issues as the same user can go to any machine and it work fine. The problem seems to be with this one specfific workstation, which is working absolutely fine aside from this printing issue. The fact I can print as the domain admin obviously says there is some sort of permission problem, but I don't have any idea where this problem is. Does anyone have any idea? Cheers.
×
×
  • Create New...