Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

TimH

Members
  • Posts

    88
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TimH

  1. Beware if you "log on to" the file server, don't access the volume by drive letter, you need to access through a share even if "on" the server. Tim
  2. It sounds like you are getting a problem with redirected My Docs and docs&settings (default) My Docs. On the settings tab of GP folder redirection make sure that "Grant the user exclusive rights..." and "Move the contents..." are turned off. Tim
  3. TimH

    Odd LIberum Problem

    I tweaked the colours in the css, just to see what happened and have had no problem with it. Tim
  4. TimH

    Odd LIberum Problem

    Are you using version 0.97.3 ? I've not seen either problem (with this version), URLs look fine at school or from home with IE and Firefox. Tim
  5. Using folder redirection ? (if not then how ?), then check out the settings tab in folder redirection area of GP. Tim
  6. TimH

    Odd LIberum Problem

    It's to do with Liberum's language handling, it's trying to look up "Classroom" and failling, you can either add classroom to the vocabulary "Help Desk Administration" - Manage Languages - Strings - Add New, or remove the lookup instruction. http://www.liberum.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3627 Might help, or you might find a better explanation there. Tim
  7. Look for "Media Player Classic", it's simple but may do what you want (and doesn't rely on dubious external CODECs).
  8. Thanks, hadn't noticed that but as our kids share a single mandatory profile, I don't think it's an issue. (I just prefer running software from a single location rather than spreading x00 copies, if possible.)
  9. Why use an msi? I'm pretty sure I just dumped a copy on a server and set shortcuts to point to it. (After checking legaility of using it in school.) Tim
  10. TimH

    A Printer Script

    I/we use a script which matches machine AD location with printer AD location. For kids they get the one local printer, for staff they get all printers but with the local one set as default. It does away with the need for all the "select/case" stuff and the need to tweak the script for new printers/rooms. Could obviously be tweaked to handle multiple printers in one location or handle multiple locations for a PC - maybe use "description" field in AD. I've just doctored the scripts to make them know where they are (domain-wise - removed LDAP path / DNS domain name for our network), hopefully I didn't break anything in the process. Tim kidlogon.vbs stafflogon.vbs
  11. Not sure, just checked, these machines have "real" graphics card, others I've checked with onboard, still report the full RAM size. Unfortunately I can't get to the BIOS screens from here ! - will have a look next week.
  12. Not sure what the etiquette/protocol is for sending code snippets but here is a small part of our machine inventory script which is run every time a machine boots. The full version records the details we want - HD size/space, motherboard type/ processor /installed apps (in uninstall reg) etc.. It records results as simple text files in 2 folders (hardware/software) on a server and I have a viewer that lets us monitor the results. Can't remember the reason for the size check in the script - I assume I got spurious results when testing it, oh and we have a small number of machines which lie - they should have 256Mb RAM but show up by this as 64/128Mb and via GUI machine properties 192Mb ! You could easily make it keep track of RAM size in a text file/reg and if changed then notify. Tim ramcheck.vbs
×
×
  • Create New...