Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

mactech03

Members
  • Posts

    42
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mactech03

  1. Happy Birthday Ric_'s, May your birthday be the best ever! -mactech03:-)
  2. I accidentally put the wrong issue up on this thread, what i meant to ask for is changing the gateway address on the server, is it safe to do without using changeip? the ip address is not changing but i didnt know thanx, mactech:confused:
  3. I did a training course for os 10.5 server but the instructor gave us the option of working on imaging/deployment instead (i really needed to get a good grasp on imaging). So to make a long story short I dont fully grasp mail server and the 10.5 (apple) server book is not descriptive enough. Does anyone have a decent tutorial explaining the ins and outs. Also I was wondering the opinion of zimbra among 10.5 server admins.
  4. Thank you so much, Its not a big deal but it is something that they should add in workgroup manager as a preference. thanks again for your help.
  5. Thank You for your comments, I also found an article on how to use rsync to accomplish the same.
  6. Im clueless on this one, im trying to take a os 10.5 client and move the clients data to a network account without alot of hassle (aka manually moving data if possible) any ideas?
  7. I ran into this situation not long ago, as far as running all of your webservers off port 80, I dont think that is possible without creating sub domains of some sort (ex. test.me.com, test2.me.com, test3.me.com) Here are some links to explain things better http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Web_Servers/Q_21025503.html http://forums.isaserver.org/m_2002045602/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#2002045602 good luck
  8. Are you using radius authentication? Also check and make sure that the date and time on the systems that are having issues is correct. Please post more details so we can help.
  9. The easiest way to find memory is to goto (this is not an advertisement just a sugestion) http://www.4allmemory.com. They make the process simple. I would probably recommend getting 2 GB of ram. Good Luck. :-)
  10. Yes its me again, I cant seem to find how to set the default screensaver on managed users. The users I am setting up have no access to the control panel so it will not be an option that they can change. Does anyone know where the screensaver preference resides in workgroup manager in 10.5 server. Thanx.:-)
  11. I just finished (lol..started) my first real mac deployment. Everything went pretty smooth with a few expected issues. One thing that was odd to me was the inability to tweak simple finder with managed users/groups. I tried finding some documentation but found nothing helpful. My goal is to have the simple finder but allow usb mounted flash drives. If anyone knows how this can be accomplished in Leopard server let me know im desperate, any help is appreciated.
  12. I also think it would be helpful if there was a "how to" on asr multicasting. The guides that I have come across on asr multicasting are not very helpful. If you need help with screen shots or videos let me know.
  13. sorry for the post, I understand what you are trying to do now, ATI makes an adapter that will achieve exactly what you want todo, if the adapter you ordered does not work let me know on the forums and ill hook you up with a link to ati's dvi to component converter. good luck.
  14. I dont know if i understand what you are looking for but i know that if you have a best buy or maybe even a staples they tend to keep dvi to vga adapters in stock. Best Buy also sells them online. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7960986&type=product&id=1153336299169
  15. Good write up, its exactly what ive been looking for. As far as my opinion goes it s one of the only decent writeups on the subject ive seen, all of the others tend to be too vauge. I think it would help if you provided either screenshots along the way or maybe even a video. Im pretty new to imaging macs across the network and having video or screenshots would help tremendously. Anyways good write up and you work is appreciated.:-)
  16. Hi, Im a American user, Im a computer tech/consultant that deals with many schools, business in my area. If theres anything I can do let me know. -mactech03:)
×
×
  • Create New...