Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

techie2008

Members
  • Posts

    43
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by techie2008

  1. Can anyone on here kindly explain why this would be happening? I don't really fance going to every PC delelting certain docs and settings folders
  2. Thank you for your responses. Sted, if this is what is causing the problem could I do something remotely as I have 500 clients in my environment. Why would this only happen on my 2008R2 DC and work fine on the 2003 ones?
  3. Hi there, we are experiecing profile issues in our 2003 domain with our newly added 2008R2 Domain Controller. Users receiving the following image when the 2008R2 DC authenticates them: http://filedb.experts-exchange.com/incoming/2010/07_w28/t324554/User-Environment.jpg This only happens on this DC, the other two 2003 DCs run happily without any problems. Can anyone advise me what I need to do as i'm banging my head at the wall at the moment NB: This is the first DC to move from 2003 to 2008R2. Regards Simon
  4. Hi all, I am finding it exteremly diffitcult to get my hands on Win 7 Enterprise, can anyone on here point me in the right direction? I have spoken to my Software reseller and they have told me I am allowed to install Enterprise within our agreement however they can only ship a Win 7 pro disk. So confused
  5. Thanks all. Here are the steps I followed for others who may be curious. 1. Deleted the target sites Site-Links. 2. Verified that the sites Servers container was empty, both through the MMC and in ADSIEDIT. 3. Associated the sites remaining Subnet with another site. 4. Deleted site clicking "Yes" to "Are you sure you want to delete object sitename and all of the objects it contains?" 5. Deleted Subnet.
  6. Thanks for quick reply, Just gone to delete NT-6 and now asked if I want to use delete subtree server control. Warning seems to serious for me to just go ahead and do it, so I thought I will quickly ask here before continuing
  7. OK, I joined and promoted our sixthform sever as a DC on our domain. However I'm having replication issues. Here is what I am receiving when using DCDIAG: Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600] Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Administrator.SCHOOLSUITE>dcdiag Directory Server Diagnosis Performing initial setup: Trying to find home server... Home Server = SIXTHFORM-01 * Identified AD Forest. Ldap search capabality attribute search failed on server NT-6, return value = 81 Got error while checking if the DC is using FRS or DFSR. Error: Win32 Error 81The VerifyReferences, FrsEvent and DfsrEvent tests might fail because of this error. Done gathering initial info. Doing initial required tests Testing server: Default-First-Site-Name\SIXTHFORM-01 Starting test: Connectivity ......................... SIXTHFORM-01 passed test Connectivity Doing primary tests Testing server: Default-First-Site-Name\SIXTHFORM-01 Starting test: Advertising ......................... SIXTHFORM-01 passed test Advertising Starting test: FrsEvent ......................... SIXTHFORM-01 passed test FrsEvent Starting test: DFSREvent ......................... SIXTHFORM-01 passed test DFSREvent Starting test: SysVolCheck ......................... SIXTHFORM-01 passed test SysVolCheck Starting test: KccEvent ......................... SIXTHFORM-01 passed test KccEvent Starting test: KnowsOfRoleHolders ......................... SIXTHFORM-01 passed test KnowsOfRoleHolders Starting test: MachineAccount ......................... SIXTHFORM-01 passed test MachineAccount Starting test: NCSecDesc ......................... SIXTHFORM-01 passed test NCSecDesc Starting test: NetLogons ......................... SIXTHFORM-01 passed test NetLogons Starting test: ObjectsReplicated ......................... SIXTHFORM-01 passed test ObjectsReplicated Starting test: Replications REPLICATION-RECEIVED LATENCY WARNING SIXTHFORM-01: Current time is 2011-01-28 08:43:56. CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=our,DC=school,DC=domain,DC=sch,DC=uk Last replication received from NT-6 at 2010-06-24 14:51:38 WARNING: This latency is over the Tombstone Lifetime of 60 days! CN=Configuration,DC=our,DC=school,DC=domain,DC =sch,DC=uk Last replication received from NT-6 at 2010-06-24 14:57:17 WARNING: This latency is over the Tombstone Lifetime of 60 days! DC=our,DC=school,DC=domain,DC=sch,DC=uk Last replication received from NT-6 at 2010-06-24 15:32:54 WARNING: This latency is over the Tombstone Lifetime of 60 days! ......................... SIXTHFORM-01 passed test Replications Starting test: RidManager ......................... SIXTHFORM-01 passed test RidManager Starting test: Services ......................... SIXTHFORM-01 passed test Services Starting test: SystemLog ......................... SIXTHFORM-01 passed test SystemLog Starting test: VerifyReferences ......................... SIXTHFORM-01 passed test VerifyReferences Running partition tests on : ForestDnsZones Starting test: CheckSDRefDom ......................... ForestDnsZones passed test CheckSDRefDom Starting test: CrossRefValidation ......................... ForestDnsZones passed test CrossRefValidation Running partition tests on : DomainDnsZones Starting test: CheckSDRefDom ......................... DomainDnsZones passed test CheckSDRefDom Starting test: CrossRefValidation ......................... DomainDnsZones passed test CrossRefValidation Running partition tests on : Schema Starting test: CheckSDRefDom ......................... Schema passed test CheckSDRefDom Starting test: CrossRefValidation ......................... Schema passed test CrossRefValidation Running partition tests on : Configuration Starting test: CheckSDRefDom ......................... Configuration passed test CheckSDRefDom Starting test: CrossRefValidation ......................... Configuration passed test CrossRefValidation Running partition tests on : our school domain Starting test: CheckSDRefDom ......................... schoolsuite passed test CheckSDRefDom Starting test: CrossRefValidation ......................... schoolsuite passed test CrossRefValidation Running enterprise tests on : our.school.domain.sch.uk Starting test: LocatorCheck ......................... our.school.domain.sch.uk passed test LocatorCheck Starting test: Intersite ......................... our.school.domain.sch.uk passed test Intersite NT-6 was demoted as a DC last summer and is now a member server on the same domain. I checked AD sites and services and saw NT-6 is still there with its NTDS settings. Can I just delete it or would more be required?
  8. Thank you all for your advice. I will add the server to our domain and currently leave it in AD mixed mode and maybe look at moving to native in the summer. I just need advice on AD sites as this section is all new to me.
  9. Do you have any good guides/URL links I could follow regarding Sites? Thank you for your quick responses.
  10. When you say make it a single domain, do you mean a child domain? If so, would parent and child users need to login as DOMAIN\User when going to a different location?
  11. Hi edugeekers, I hope I have posted in the right section, if not, i'm sure the lovely mods here could move it to the right one for me Right, our secondary school is opening a brand new sixth form centre in its own new separate building this September. I have been asked to implement a network solution where staff and students from the secondary school can logon to the sixth form computers and vice versa (sixth form students and staff can logon to the schools network. Sounds easy huh, well heres my dilemma. Our school is currenly operating in a 2003 domain with XP as its clients. I have been instructed by senior staff to deploy Windows 7 in the sixth form centre. I have currently bought a HP DL380 G7 server and installed 2008R2 Enterprise but before I join it to our domain and promote it to a DC, I want to know which approach I should take. Do I make this server a child domain for the sixth form centre or just add it to the domain as our first 2008R2 DC (I have already done adprep on my 2003 domain) or do you have a better idea, which you would like to share? If I choose my second approach and keep my network on one single domain, how do I force my win7 clients to authenticate to my 2008r2 server rather than the other DCs I have on my network? I want to keep as much network traffic in the new sixth form building in the sixth form building! I look forward to hearing your views. Regards, Techie2008
  12. which version of Guardian do I go for? Would it be Monitor Pro? Thanks for all your helps guy, this is much appreciated
  13. Yes please Tom Thank you Looking forward to your reply
  14. thanks ArchersIT for the quick reply. If that is the case, is there any software out there what will cater for my needs. Regards
  15. Thanks Ryan I hope someone can help
  16. Hi all, I am new here so I hope I don't sound stupid with the question I am going to ask :-) I would like to do a search in ISA 2006 where it will display the URL, Clients Name and Computer Name. I can get results with URL and client names, however I cannot locate computers name. * Our client workstations do not use static ip's Many thanks & Kind Regards
×
×
  • Create New...