Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

TZ112

Members
  • Posts

    9
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TZ112

  1. Thamls...will let you know
  2. I tried that and for some reason I think I was doing something wrong, I coould not ping through all the networks. I am sorry, I am still learning the multiple VLANs, across multiple devices concept (or I missed something), I will redo the configs, hopefully it will work. Thanks for all your advice twin--turbo.
  3. Thanks... It is a judgment call that I had to make, however seeing that the the network is going to be set up they way that it is (according to the diagram), I figured that I would just make the "core" switch 3750 do the basic DHCP services for the rest of the switches, and the 2921 Router to as it was functioned to do and be the VLAN routing. That is the problem that I am running into, with having two simultaneous devices that can almost basically do the same Layer 3 services. Also which one gets the configurations? What do you suggest?
  4. The ISP is very...let's just say not very informative, however they give me enough infformation to set up the external (WAN) link. As far as the equipment, all I get from them is the modem, the external link (fiber...as an agreement) and the fiber converter to my switch (which should be insiginficant in this matter for now). As far as the rest of the equipment, I flipped the bill for this and I know it might seem a little overkill, however, I want to make sure that the network, equipment, and services are running without any problems.
  5. I want the "internal networking" to happen from the Core switch and just the routing functions to happen from the 2921 router for now (until I expand the Network). Yes I have a dedicated Fiber Line already terminated to my building, from the ISP. I know that it might seem a little overkill, however I am looking into the futre and want to expand the network soon.
  6. Thanks...
  7. Yes I have I tired to set up the VLAN's, but I could not get them to talk to eachother, I will send you the configs that I tried. Also I am going to (wanting to) run the DHCP Services by the Core Switch, I DO NOT have a DHCP Server at this time. I figured that until the funding comes in that the Core switch could handle the servcies.
  8. twin--turbo...sorry about that I should have gave you the other configs with the other VLANs on the swithces that I tried. I was not successful in getting the other networks (VLAN 10, 20, 30, 40, 50) with 10.17.1.0, 10.17.2.0, 10.17.3.0..... to talk to eachother. I am reading up on the VTP, server, clients now. Was that my issue? Also what is RSTP? I am not that new to networking, just as technology evolves and I get busy with other work, it seems to move faster than my time and knowledge can keep up, thus the reason why I ask for help. Thanks for the help.
  9. Hi, I am in need of a little help, I am currently re-installing a network with all new equipment and need some guidance in configuring mutliple VLANs on a switched network. I will be utilizing 4 Cisco 2960 Switches(user switches), a Cisco 3750-X Switch(Core switch), and Cisco 2921 router as the backbone devices. I already configured them with the basic information in order to test them out for connectivity, however I am still unsuccessful/unsure in properly configuring them utilizing seperate/multiple VLAN's between all the devices. I want to use the 10.17.0.0 network information, utilizing NAT of course and then use 10.17.1.0 network on one switch utilizing VLANs, x.x.2.0 on another, x.x.3.0, x.x.4.0 ect. networks, on the other switches. Can anyone assist me in the right direction? Here is the example of basic configs (minus sensitive information) that I installed for testing purposes and everything is working fine, however now I want to seperate the devices, and put them on their own networks, and then eventually segment the switches on seperate sub-vlans. I will also attach a basic diagram as a reference of the equipment. Thanks for the help. Router: version 15.1 no service pad service tcp-keepalives-in service tcp-keepalives-out service timestamps debug datetime service timestamps log datetime service password-encryption service sequence-numbers no service dhcp ! hostname rtr ! boot-start-marker boot-end-marker ! ! security passwords min-length 10 logging buffered critical logging rate-limit 10 ! aaa new-model ! ! aaa authentication login default local-case aaa authorization console aaa authorization exec default if-authenticated ! ! ! ! ! aaa session-id common clock timezone **omitted** clock calendar-valid ! no ipv6 cef ip source-route no ip gratuitous-arps ip cef ! ! ! ! ! no ip bootp server no ip domain lookup ip domain name **omitted** multilink bundle-name authenticated ! ! password encryption aes crypto pki token default removal timeout 0 ! crypto pki trustpoint **omitted** ! ! crypto pki certificate chain **omitted** ! ! username **omitted** username **omitted** username **omitted** ! ! ip ssh version 2 ! ! ! ! interface Embedded-Service-Engine0/0 no ip address shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet0/0 description THE NEW ISP INFO LIVE! $OUTSIDE$ no ip address ip flow egress ip nat outside no ip virtual-reassembly in ip virtual-reassembly out max-reassemblies 128 duplex auto speed auto no cdp enable ! interface GigabitEthernet0/1 description Link to CoreSW ip address 10.17.1.1 255.255.0.0 ip flow ingress ip nat inside ip virtual-reassembly in max-reassemblies 128 duplex full speed auto ! interface GigabitEthernet0/2 description **NOT USED** no ip address shutdown duplex auto speed auto ! ip forward-protocol nd ! no ip http server ip http access-class 23 ip http authentication local no ip http secure-server ip http timeout-policy idle 60 life 86400 requests 10000 ip flow-export destination 10.17.3.250 2055 ! ip nat inside source list 117 interface GigabitEthernet0/1 overload ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.17.0.0 name **omitted** ! ip access-list extended netbios deny tcp any any eq 135 deny udp any any eq 135 deny tcp any any eq 136 deny udp any any eq 136 deny tcp any any eq 137 deny udp any any eq netbios-ns deny tcp any any eq 139 deny udp any any eq netbios-ss deny tcp any any eq 445 deny udp any any eq 445 deny tcp any any eq 138 deny udp any any eq netbios-dgm permit ip any any ! logging trap warnings logging 10.17.3.250 access-list 100 permit ip 10.0.0.0 0.255.255.255 any access-list 100 remark **omitted** Category=128 access-list 100 permit ip host 255.255.255.255 any access-list 100 permit ip 127.0.0.0 0.255.255.255 any access-list 117 permit ip any any ! ! snmp-server community **omitted** snmp-server enable traps tty ! ! ! control-plane ! ! banner login ^C LOG OFF IMMEDIATELY IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE CONDITIONS STATED IN THIS WARNING ^C banner motd ^C NOTICE TO USERS THIS IS A PRIVATE COMPUTER SYSTEM. It is for authorized use only. Users (authorized or unauthorized) have no explicit or implicit expectation of privacy. Any or all uses of this system and all files on this system may be intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to authorized site and law enforcement personnel, as well as authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign. By using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring, recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the discretion of authorized site personnel. Unauthorized or improper use of this system may result in administrative disciplinary action and civil and criminal penalties. By continuing to use this system you indicate your awareness of and consent to these terms and conditions of use. ^C ! line con 0 exec-timeout 5 0 line aux 0 no exec line 2 no activation-character no exec transport preferred none transport input all transport output pad telnet rlogin lapb-ta mop udptn v120 ssh stopbits 1 line vty 0 4 access-class **omitted** in privilege level 15 transport input ssh line vty 5 15 access-class **omitted** in privilege level 15 transport input ssh ! scheduler max-task-time 5000 scheduler allocate 20000 1000 ntp server 196.43.1.9 end Core switch: version 12.2 no service pad service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime no service password-encryption ! hostname **omitted** ! boot-start-marker boot-end-marker ! enable secret 5 **omitted** enable password **omitted** ! username **omitted** username **omitted** username **Omitted** no aaa new-model clock timezone **omitted** switch 1 provision ws-c3750x-24s system mtu routing 1500 no ip sticky-arp ip dhcp excluded-address 10.17.3.250 ip dhcp excluded-address 10.17.2.249 10.17.2.255 ip dhcp excluded-address 10.17.0.1 ip dhcp excluded-address 10.17.1.0 10.17.1.15 ! ip dhcp pool 1 network 10.17.0.0 255.255.0.0 default-router 10.17.1.1 dns-server 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 ! ip dhcp pool jv1 host 10.17.2.250 255.255.0.0 dns-server 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 ! ip dhcp pool jv2 host 10.17.2.249 255.255.0.0 dns-server 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 ! ip dhcp pool console host 10.17.3.250 255.255.0.0 dns-server 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 ! ip dhcp pool user_bad_wifi_card host 10.17.3.80 255.255.0.0 ! ip dhcp pool Slim host 10.17.3.50 255.255.0.0 dns-server 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 ! ! ip domain-name **omitted** ! ! crypto pki trustpoint **omitted** ! ! crypto pki certificate chain **omitted** spanning-tree mode pvst spanning-tree extend system-id ! ! ! ! vlan internal allocation policy ascending ! ip ssh version 2 ! ! ! ! ! interface FastEthernet0 no ip address ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1 description Link to Router switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport mode trunk ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/2 description Link to For switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport mode trunk ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/3 description Link to Class1 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport mode trunk ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/4 description Link to ELibrary switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport mode trunk ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/5 description Link to Class2 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport mode trunk ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/6 description **NOT USED** switchport mode access shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/7 description **NOT USED** switchport mode access shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/8 description **NOT USED** switchport mode access shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/9 description **NOT USED** switchport mode access shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/10 description **NOT USED** switchport mode access shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/11 description **NOT USED** switchport mode access shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/12 description **NOT USED** switchport mode access spanning-tree portfast shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/13 switchport mode access spanning-tree portfast shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/14 description **NOT USED** switchport mode access shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/15 description **NOT USED** switchport mode access shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/16 description **NOT USED** switchport mode access shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/17 description **NOT USED** switchport mode access shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/18 description **NOT USED* switchport mode access shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/19 description **NOT USED* switchport mode access shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/20 description **NOT USED* switchport mode access shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/21 description **NOT USED* switchport mode access ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/22 description **NOT USED* switchport mode access shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/23 description **NOT USED* switchport mode access shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/24 description **NOT USED* switchport mode access shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet1/1/1 description **NOT USED* shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet1/1/2 description **NOT USED* shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet1/1/3 description **NOT USED* shutdown ! interface GigabitEthernet1/1/4 description **NOT USED* shutdown ! interface TenGigabitEthernet1/1/1 ! interface TenGigabitEthernet1/1/2 ! interface Vlan1 ip address 10.17.1.2 255.255.0.0 no ip route-cache cef no ip route-cache ! ip http server ip http secure-server ! ! logging esm config logging trap warnings logging 10.17.3.250 access-list 1 permit 10.17.1.1 access-list 1 permit 10.17.1.2 access-list 1 permit 10.17.1.3 access-list 1 permit 10.17.1.4 access-list 1 permit 10.17.1.5 access-list 1 permit 10.17.1.6 access-list 1 permit 10.17.2.249 access-list 1 permit 10.17.2.251 access-list 1 permit 10.17.3.250 access-list 1 permit 10.17.2.250 snmp-server community **omitted** snmp-server enable traps tty ! ! line con 0 login local line vty 0 4 access-class 1 in password **omitted** login local line vty 5 15 access-class 1 in password **omitted** login local ! end Diagram(Helper).bmp
×
×
  • Create New...