Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

bicky

Members
  • Posts

    160
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bicky

  1. hi we have 2 exchange 2010 Servers setup as cluster DAG. Reading through I have noticed Sophos Puremessage installs on Exchange Servers. How do I configure firewall ? do I forward SMTP to both Exchange Servers ? Your help will be much appreciated, thank you.
  2. Hi Is there anyway to know which "User defined category content" is used in which "Web filter policies" without going through edit >> policies for each of them. Thank you.
  3. @Achandler could you please let us the model of the linux thin client. @Bongo Sounds great, how do you configure it to connect to the Pooled VM; did you created a RDP shortcut in the M80 desktop ? Thank you
  4. it seems like only windows based thin client (windows embed) will allow to use the vdi with pooled vm. is there any linux based thin clients that support this pooled vm ?
  5. thank you for your assistance do you join win 7 embeded thin clients to domain ? do users has to first logon to win 7 thin client then rdp to win 7 vm pool and enter domain credentials again ? we have windows 7 volume license, will that cover windows 7 embed thin client license aswell
  6. thank you Achandler, may i know what hardware do you use for vdi client ?
  7. that will be great, thank you.
  8. I have few HP Thin Clients T5325 & T5335z; these doesnt allow creating a .rdp shortcut, though it has option to setup RDP, Citrix, VMware connection. And simply adding vdi-01.myschool.co.uk in the RDP connection settings connects to the server rather than to the Windows 7 VM Pool. Following is the contents of my vdi-01.myschool.co.uk-W7Pool1-localhost-VmFarm.rdp redirectclipboard:i:0 redirectposdevices:i:0 redirectprinters:i:0 redirectsmartcards:i:0 devicestoredirect:s: drivestoredirect:s: session bpp:i:32 allow font smoothing:i:1 promptcredentialonce:i:1 gatewayusagemethod:i:2 gatewayprofileusagemethod:i:0 gatewaycredentialssource:i:0 full address:s:vdi-01.myschool.co.uk alternate shell:s: gatewayhostname:s: workspace id:s:Congratulations ! use redirection server name:i:1 loadbalanceinfo:s:tsv://vmresource.1.W7Pool1 use multimon:i:1
  9. but how does it work in terms of Pooled VMs ? What I am looking for is a thin client/small hardware that upon boot will prompt for username & password, when entered it will connect to the one of the pooled vms, is there something available ?
  10. Hi I have setup a VDI with 1 Server 2008 R2 (RD Virtualization Host) 1 Server 2008 R2 (RD Connection Broker, RD Gateway, RD Session Host, and RD Web Access in single VM) Is there a vdi thin client hardware available in the market. Your help would be much appreciated, thank you.
  11. thanks to everyone.
  12. thank you everyone. My SFP is LC. I need to buy: Patch Panel for comms cab and another one for Switch end. Pre-Terminated Fiber Fiber Patch Lead (OM3) - LC to ?? Is there anything I have look into when choosing the connectors ?
  13. thank you cybernerd. When you say transceivers here, does it mean the SFP ? Here in my case, One end of this fiber will go to the fiber patch panel (comms cab) and other end to the room where this new switch is. Is there anywhere I can buy small patch panel/box rather than pluggin it directly to the switch. Am I doing this correctly or I can plug it directly to the switch.
  14. Hi, I am replacing an old switch with the new Procurve 2620 which is about 90 metres away from comms cab. I have 1gb SFP modules (Multimode LC). I would like to use fiber to link this new switch. I have come across few posts here about Pre-Terminated Fiber; I am planning to get OM2 but it has options of 4 or 8 or 16 or 24 cores, so what are these cores? Will there be any advantage if I use OM3 here in this scenario ? Your help will be much appreciated, thank you.
  15. can you disable the "Firewall State:" of Domain Profile, Private Profile, Public Profie. http://www.askthecomputertech.com/images/windows-7-firewall-with-advanced-security.jpg then ping 10.6.75.1 and 8.8.8.8
  16. Disable the wireless connection and try using your network card "JMicron PCI Express..." to connect to the router via Ethernet cable. Make sure this network card has TCP/IP properties to "obtain IP address automatically" and "obtain DNS server addres automatically" Can you now ping 8.8.8.8 or google.co.uk ?
  17. Hi Is there any guide which shows how to install thinstation on local hard drive. We have few old laptops with 512mb ram and 40gb hard drive. I am looking to convert to thinclient to connect to our Server 2008 Terminal Server. Or is there any Free alternative thinclient software. Your help will be much appreciated, thank you.
  18. what results do you get when you PING 8.8.8.8 8.8.8.8 is google's public dns. Can you also paste the results of IPCONFIG /ALL please.
  19. Application Event has: Event id: 510 Folder redirection policy application has been delayed until the next logon because the group policy logon optimization is in effect. System Event has: Event id:1112 The Group Policy Client Side Extension Folder Redirection was unable to apply one or more settings because the changes must be processed before system startup or user logon. The system will wait for Group Policy processing to finish completely before the next startup or logon for this user, and this may result in slow startup and boot performance.
  20. default profiles are not deleted; they are there.
  21. This only happens for the new users who logon to the network for the first time.
  22. Hi, We have Server 2008 R2 domain with Windows 7 Clients. Folder Redirection been setup to redirect users Desktop & Documents. Users log-in to the network for the first time has to logon twice on the same computer before their Desktop & Documents is redirected Else anything they save it in their Desktop/Documents are saved locally. (When I say logon twice it means: they have to logon first & wait until they get their desktop; then log off and logon back again.) Has anyone faced this sort of issue? and what sort of solution is available. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.
  23. Hi our school has just taken a charity partnership with a small learning center 5 miles away. Over there we have installed 3 PCs networked to BT ADSL router. When our Staff goes there they RDP to our server and login with their regular user accounts. We are looking to expand our network over there so that those PCs will be a part of our network; what are the cheap options available. Because its a charity partnership, we dont have much budget. We user ISA server as the firewall in our main school. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.
  24. thank you all for the information
  25. thank you all for the information. We have ISA 2006. Is there any security concerns I need to be worry regarding the ISA rules of publishing website. Regarding DMZ: Is it true/good practice that server's in DMZ should not have access to the internal network. Now in my scenario I have SQL server in LAN; If I put web server in DMZ; how about the SQL.
×
×
  • Create New...