Jump to content

bristolweb

Members
  • Posts

    1
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bristolweb

  1. Hi all, Been a lurker on this board for a while now but now it's time to ask a question... and say hello. I'm an IT technician in an HE institution and I'd like to empower my non IT colleagues when dealing with IT queries. Let me explain... We have a good and well staffed Helpdesk (several in fact) but staff in the library, where I'm primarily based, often deal with a range of IT issues, printing, wifi, logging in etc. and try to help library users before referring them to me or the helpdesk. Some staff are not phased by IT queries and will happily take a look, try a quick fix (if possible) and then refer the issue on... Other are not so and it's these staff I'd like to help. Being a small library with lots of computers etc. the issue is not going to go away. As I said I want to empower my colleagues, not with technical info, but in ways to ask questions and deal with students/users effectively without getting stressed about it. So if anyone has any ideas/info or links to resources I'd love to hear them. Thanks, Chris
×
×
  • Create New...