Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Netwacky87

Members
  • Posts

    1,019
  • Joined

Blog Entries posted by Netwacky87

  1. Netwacky87
    For years I have had HTC phones, started off with a HTC Hero and then to a HTC Sensation...I loved how you could load a custom ROM and improve the software, when HTC had stopped doing updates, normally the dev's carried on.
     
    For a little while my HTC kept rebooting or switching itself off and I wouldnt notice till I took it out of my pocket, anyways I went to pickup my girlfriend from the airport and we had arranged to meet at the long stay car park (big car park ages away from the terminal) and she rang me and the phone rebooted as I pressed Answer...Arghhhh! Turned it on and rang her...rebooted again! Slammed the phone to the footwell of the car! Eventually managed to find her.
     
    I went to Phones4U (of who I really really rate!) I had 13 months left on my contract so I said what can you do...I paid an extra £65 to get out of the contract (was 275 but traded in my sensation) and got a much better contract.
     
    Back to the title anyway...I have an iPhone...Never thought I would see the day but I love it!! battery life really sucks but its cool, it just works!!!! If anybody can recommend any good apps!
     
    Mart
  2. Netwacky87
    Hiya!
     
    Thought I would give this a plug as I did this the weekend!
     
    Place called Go Ape, this was one was near Cannock (Bham) but there are a number of them I believe scattered over the UK.
    What a brilliant few hours out! I was quite skeptical at first but wow I really enjoyed it, it was a treat from the missis! I thought it was quite expensive (£30 quid each but we had 20% off) but its totally worth it!
     
    Your up probably 60ft up at the highest point (I think) and its great fun! zip-wires, rope ladders, gladiator rings! You get a briefing at the start on how to use the equipment and how to stay safe during the time your there. I was up the 2nd like ridge (which was quite high at that point) and I looked down and I was strapped to nothing...I was like Hmmmmm! Im sure these are meant to be attached!!! You get 2 safety clips and 1 must always be attached at all times....this at the start is a bit like ahhhh but you soon get used to it! im a bit of a bull at a gate!
     
    Great fun so if your into that sort of stuff I would recommened it!! (PS - Lads, it can be a bit hard on the old' Mr's if your not careful during some of the more energetic jumps - so be warned!!! )
     
    Mart
×
×
  • Create New...