Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Gambit

Members
  • Posts

    34
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gambit

  1. Hopefully this thread is in the right spot. Currently my SS has a daily backup, every morning at 3am. This works fine for 99 percent of the time. However, I have had issues before when Bob "accidentally" deletes his presentation project on Monday, but they fail to tell me until Thursday and his project is due on Friday. Currently there is no way for me retrieve the document. I was looking into enabling shadow copies for the students that way I can set the back up a few days apart. Instead of 24hrs. Is this idea any good? Is it even possible? Spec's are: Win2k3, XP w/ SP2 using NTFS Format.
  2. I am having an ongoing issue with the installation of Netsupport Pro within a secondary school enviroment. Background info. Windows 2k3 Server w/ XP sp2 clients When I lanuch pcideploy from the server to do a install for a computer lab of 20 computers. It will install successfully on 19 machines, but on the 1 machine I will be prompted for a username/password dialog box. I am installing netsupport with my admin account on the server and no one is logged onto the workstation which I am trying to install netsupport on. Has anyone ran into this problem before? I am at my wits end on how to fix this issue. I have contacted netsupport directly, they were very polite but they were not able to fix the issue.
  3. has anyone created a script to prevent this from happening,? The little darlings have just figured this out at my school, and thats all they are doing now. I fix it, 2hrs later I have to go back to fix it again. This is starting to get out of hand
×
×
  • Create New...