Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

jertsy

Members
  • Posts

    315
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jertsy

  1. We use Exchange online protection, its free with an EES agreement Its reduced the SPAM we were getting by a massive amount.
  2. Thank you @ellsandell I will check them out and see how they compare.
  3. [quote=FN Erm no, ammended now
  4. Hi all Has anyone used Fastlane training http://www.flane.co.uk I'm thinking of doing CCNA with them, the lady I am dealing with gives a good impression of the company and their website\data center labs certainly look good but I wondered if anyone has come accross them and can share any experiences good or bad. Cheers
  5. I would check the group policy operational log in event viewer, under applications and services to see what DC the machines are pulling their policies from, I had a DC once that went bad and any machines connecting to that were getting GPO's not correctly applying, but next time they booted they went to the good DC and all was good. Failing that, I would disable one GPO at a time to see which one could be causing the issue. Hope this helps
  6. I find if they are not shut down correctly, they can take a while longer to boot back up, but not 90 mins. Have you enabled verbose logging so that you can see policies as they are being applied during boot up? I did this and they were sticking on a printer policy.
  7. Lapsafe here, very sturdy and as a company their customer service has always been outstanding.
  8. I did 70-410 last week and there were no gimme questions like that, I did some 10 years ago and there were that type of question but not now, I think MS have upped the anti in their current exams or maybe that was just my test. Loads of where do you click and simulation type questions. I guess I will find out when I sit the 70-411 next month
  9. I dont understand, if you are being tested by MS and you have a simulation in front of you, I dont see how doing it your way can help. I know there is more than one way to skin a cat in the real world but for the purpose of the test you have to do it MS way. I just find the labs useful to learn where the settings are for the exam and in real life, just reading a book does not do it for me but everyone has different learning styles.
  10. Go onto the Microsoft virtual Academy, you can play and learn with VM's until your hearts content, IMO you will need hands on experience to pass the exam as theory just is not enough. As someone else suggested, maybe A+ or N+ would be an easier introduction.
  11. It didnt work, I'm starting to think it could be a bug in GE.
  12. I did A+ and N+ first and that was a good introduction to the Microsoft stuff.
  13. I would say do the 70-410 and get your MCP, if you feel like it after take 70-411 & 70-412 to upgrade to an MCSA. Having said that their are many qualifications and paths just on Microsoft and even more elsewhere but I think the MCP is relevant to your job by the sounds of it. *edit you could go the Server 2016 route too, I have server 2012R2 hence me doing the 70-410 as its relevant to my job.
  14. Cheers, I will give that a try.
  15. Hi We have some PC's here that cant connect to the GE servers when searching, it works fine otherwise. I have looked at our filtering and made a global exception for GE traffic. It seems to be a common issue from reading up online and no one has really found a fix from what I can see. I am plumbing for an issuie with GE as only some stations cant connect but others are fine. Before I draw a line under it I was just wondering if anyone has come accross this on here. Cheers
  16. I had a fake text from 'HMRC' saying I had a tax refund coming and to click on this link and enter my details blah blah. I have never had any before so weather there are a few doing the rounds now I dont know.
  17. MDT with a windows base image, MDT installs MS Office and a few plugins, then SCCM deploys certain software depending on what OU the PC is in. I like MDT
  18. I had it installed onsite and that wasnt a pleasureable experience due to the issues we kept having with it. We are now hosted and its much better albeit a little slow sometimes, it talks to SIMS fine etc...
  19. Applocker is also useful if you are using enterprise clients
  20. One last thing, I guess you have tried this but RSOP and the GP event viewer on the station would tell you if the GPO is still applying some how and where from.
  21. Hmmm, maybe you could create a new GPO to reinstall it and see what happens, if the old GPO is still linked you could order the new GPO to process after the old one. That might at least get your stations to settle down until you can work out whats happened or rebuild them if all else fails.
  22. How did you uninstall it, was it via GPO?
  23. Have you got 'uninstall this application when it falls outside scope of management' ticked in the deployment tab of the GPO?
  24. I feel your pain, backup exec used to fail once and then it would take ages to settle down again (this was 4 years ago mind), days of failed backups etc... Veeam just does its thing consistently
  25. Another Veeam user here, I have found it to be very reliable.
×
×
  • Create New...