-
Posts
2,586 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alan-d
-
Guess who got dragged out to the Zoo Yesterday? MeerKat Three by Alan, on Flickr
-
One from the weekend. Wrekin at Sundown by Alan, on Flickr
-
Thanks for the reminder. I subscribed ages ago but still haven't had time to watch a single episode :-)
-
Should have cleaned them before drying them out. Now you have to dry them again after cleaning them! Tsk!
-
More Shroooms from the weekend. Spot the fly Fungi on Woodland Floor by Alan, on Flickr
-
Poppy by Alan, on Flickr"]Poppy by Alan, on Flickr[/url]
-
-
Mine too Waiting to see what camera I settle for first though
-
My favourite combo goes against your post as it's my trusty Canon 450D with the 18-200mm f3.5 EF-S. I know most will cringe at that but I found it nice and flexible for the stuff I'm interested in. I'm in the process of looking at an upgrade to a 6D and a couple of Primes but for landscapes I'm currently using a Canon M3 with either a 22mm stm or 18-55mm zoom. Occasionally I carry the 70-200mm M lens. For long trips I add a converter to take a Sigma 70-300 F4.
-
My most popular image is of a Seagull with 4500+ views, No idea why - other than someone is linking to it. https://www.flickr.com/photos/alan-d-photos/5628347259
-
I went with a Canon M3 because it was smaller but then bought the converter to use my other Canon lenses which put the weight back up lol :-) The M3 is great for Landscapes but focusing is too slow for wildlife or sports especially in low light where I'm hoping a 6D may replace my trusty old 450D.
-
He uses a Canon EOS 6D - a camera I'm considering but just waiting to see if a new model comes out before I commit :-)
-
Mushrooms seem to be a theme with me the last few weeks. Here's another from the weekend, complete with 'Fairy Twinkle' Mushroom Sparkle by Alan, on Flickr"]Mushroom Sparkle by Alan, on Flickr[/url]
-
Not all are in the woods :-) Derelict Toadstool-0320 by Alan, on Flickr"]Derelict Toadstool-0320 by Alan, on Flickr[/url]
-
Yep - lots about in this warm wet weather too. Finding some that have not been nibbled at is the hard part :-)
-
Snap! :-) Pixie-Town_1640 by Alan, on Flickr"]Pixie-Town_1640 by Alan, on Flickr[/url]
-
One of the boys during Half Term in the Lakes. O&M on Sca Fell by Alan, on Flickr
-
Child tantrum, like throwing toys out of a pram. (Maybe you are too young :-) )
-
Our Impero was upgraded to 5.3.25 in my absence last week. All the groups, policies, clients, AD connection details - basically everything disappeared. I can't do anything about it at the moment for fear of interrupting some exam users. Teddy is firmly implanted in the corner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
This maths question is being cited by some parents as too hard for Year 2
alan-d replied to 6Foot2's topic in General Chat
What's a Train? -
As Peaky Blinders is now back on TV I thought this would be appropriate How it was_8448 by Alan, on Flickr
-
I have a couple of printers that are in need of servicing\repair\investigation that have beaten us as to the possible cause of faults. Can anyone recommend a Printer Repair Service (Covering the West Mids)? Thanks
-
What other Skills do you offer your schools apart from IT related
alan-d replied to simonw's topic in General Chat
That was one of my points - the cost effectiveness and the savings that could be made! I'll approach them again, as soon as I can get out of this funny jacket thing they gave me! -
Once I wean my other half off the Tivo box and replace it with a freeview recorder I'll be using Netflix with my Amazon Prime box.
-
What other Skills do you offer your schools apart from IT related
alan-d replied to simonw's topic in General Chat
I spent 22 years learning how to kill people. Yet they refuse to let me practice on staff and students! Oh well - their loss!
