Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

MarkB

Members
  • Posts

    36
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MarkB

  1. I have got a Fedora core 6 system running as a CUPS/SAMBA print server complete with a PDF creator. It successfully authenticates against the PDC with winbind. I have been asked if it is possible to print the username of the person who sent the print job, on the footer of each page. Has anyone manged to do this yet? Any suggestions welcome.
  2. Thanks for the suggestions, I got home and suddenly realised that Dansguardian can do this for me, it is a bit of a kludge and I haven't tested it yet but it should work. Basically you set the default filter list group to be a blanket block (so no internet access) and have it so that it displays a php page on the proxy (instead of the html template) that displays the policy with an agree link that when clicked the script adds that user name to the normal student access filter group and gets dansguardian to reload the groups, then redirects the user to the requested page. Then just have a cron job that runs daily/weekly/whenever that clears the filter group list (so everyone goes into the default filter group).
  3. I have just managed to set up a local proxy server with Dansguardian and NTLM. What I want to try to do now is set it up so that when a student tries to access the web for the first time in a day/week/month (need to decide the timing) they are redirected to a page containing a usage policy and an agree button that will send them to the original site. I am running on Fedora Core 6, Squid 2.6.STABLE4 and Dansguardian 2.9.8.1. Clients connect like so; Client -> Dansguardian -> Squid -> LEA's Proxy -> Internet. Any suggestions?
×
×
  • Create New...