- Read more...
- 0 comments
- 157 views
-
Posts
2,079 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Blog Entries posted by leco
-
Time for a total re-think -
Times they are a changing - Read more...
- 0 comments
- 300 views
-
This weekend there shall be no:
banging
dripping
draining
sawing
cutting
drilling
There shall be no plumbers, builders, electricians, joiners, labourers, architects nor foremen.
Why? Because I shall be at home and not at school where there are no working computers, no data cables connected to any patch panels or switches. There are no servers on line, no routers whirring and no telephones ringing. In the ICT suite and my recently demoted server room there is only polythene encased, well everything. I shall therefore be unable to do any remote working.
Next week I am promised that the new server room will be completed, indeed the electric and data sockets are already fitted. The data sockets are not connected to anything as a new patch panel is required, but you can't have everything all at once.
- Read more...
- 0 comments
- 144 views
-
Nothing that is commendable apparently - Read more...
- 0 comments
- 308 views
-
But nothing that is of any value any more - Read more...
- 1 comment
- 348 views
-
Hey ho it's all good learning even if it is painful at times. - Read more...
- 0 comments
- 360 views
-
A wheel came off
By leco,
Debugging by conversation has failed me this time. - Read more...
- 2 comments
- 353 views
-
the settings aren't right and I ran out of time to 'play'. - Read more...
- 0 comments
- 257 views
-
... and two steps back. - Read more...
- 0 comments
- 281 views
-
It's good this virtualisation lark - very forgiving of mistakes. People however are another matter entirely - Read more...
- 0 comments
- 317 views
-
Very much the reverse. - Read more...
- 0 comments
- 263 views
-
As I have not previously kept an online blog I thought that now might just be the time to start. During my degree course I wrote copious entries in a Learning Journal, which proved invaluable on several occasions. Now I am at the start of a new project which, for me, is going to be a challenge. Perhaps by setting out what needs doing I will be able to keep track of developments (both organisational and personal), show progress towards the ultimate goal/s and mark success (and failure) points.
Travelling towards (not in any particular order):
Hardware
2 x Physical servers Windows 2008 R2 OS
with Hyper-V hosting:VM- Domain controller; Active Directory; DNS; (DHCP?); Exchange 2010
VM-MIS
VM-WSUS, Anti-virus and print services
VM- Domain Controller; Active Directory; DNS; (DHCP? if not previous) User Home folders
All desktops and laptops: Windows 7 OS
Netgear 48 port managed gigabit switch; 2 x Netgear 24 port gigabit smart switch
Ruckus Zone director with 7 Ruckus poe wireless access points
to be continued ..... Still travelling but now it's someone else's pigeon- Read more...
- 0 comments
- 304 views
