Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

BenEdwards

Members
  • Posts

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BenEdwards

  1. We have a old Promethean smart board and the alignment is out. When we touch the board the line drawn on it is not in the correct pace. Its over 5cm out. Anyone else had this. Anyone fixed it (there support for older boards is virtually non existent). Its an oldish Active-panel. Not sure of model.
  2. The primary school I do support for was using WordPad to get kids started on Word Processing and launching apps/basic computer literacy. Was going to go for Abiword, which is nice and simple but it does not have a privacy statement or any info about if it shares date. I realize it is a offline word processor with no login required so it clearly does not but getting it authorized here without this is going to be a nightmare. So does anyone know any other free simple word processors with a proper website/privacy statement we can use? Ben
  3. For me key thing is how long they get security updates for, bear in mind its number of years since phone was released, not purchased. In terms of rugged phones my feeling is that hey are basically phones with a good IP rating and rugged cases. I can see a case where best option is getting a IP67 phone and separate rugged case. Most rugged phones I have seen have been from fairly sketchy suppliers, don't really trust the security or warrentee. Ben
  4. We have SmatTVs, a monitor and teachers use a laptop. what we want o do is allow teachers to mirror Smart TV on the monitor (or I guess laptop screen) and have the other monitor/laptop screen separate (I guess set to extend). The SmartTV does have a HDMI out and we considered plugging this into the monito but that reduces flexibility. We want the teacher to use both laptop screen and monitor to do work on 2 screens, also they can use the monitor when SmartTV is not turned on. So hardware is Laptop, SmartTV, Monitor and docking station. Regards, Ben
  5. I have been asked by an administrator about this. Seems like a reasonable thing to do (and verry usefull) but cant work out if it is even possible.
×
×
  • Create New...