Hightower Posted June 16, 2010 Posted June 16, 2010 Anyone know how to go about enabling SSL1 via GPO?
Hightower Posted June 16, 2010 Author Posted June 16, 2010 Sorry. TLS 1.0 and SSL 3.0 are already enabled. How do I enable SSL 2.0 (Internet Options) via GPO?
AngryTechnician Posted June 16, 2010 Posted June 16, 2010 I have a suspicion there is no built-in GPO setting to do this. The registry key involved is a HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings, valuename SecureProtocols. It's a DWORD bitflag that enables or disables all the various protcols that can be set using the Internet Control Panel. The flag for SSL2 is on bit 4. Basically, find out what the current value is, and add 8 to the value, e.g. if the current value is 0x000000a0 (which I think it will be given what you've said), change it to 0x000000a8. How you deploy that registry value is up to you; personally I would use Group Policy Preferences. 1
Hightower Posted June 16, 2010 Author Posted June 16, 2010 Will let you know how I get on, once I get rid of this migraine and can see the screen properly!
Hightower Posted June 16, 2010 Author Posted June 16, 2010 Got a banging head and can't get my head around this - will try again in the morning.
Hightower Posted June 17, 2010 Author Posted June 17, 2010 Turns out this wasn't the setting causing me gripe, but I created a custom ADM for this anyway. I've attached it in case anyone needs to roll this preference out (NOTE: Not a policy!). It gives a drop-down with all the possible settings (TLS, SSL2, SSL2, TLS & SLL2 etc etc). Disabling it should return the setting to default. If you import this into your policy, you may not see it until you right-click Administrative Templates under User Configuration, then select View and Filtering and unchecking the Only show policy settings that can be fully managed. Once you do this you will find the setting in User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer -> Advanced Settings. Hope somebody finds this useful.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now