BJG Posted February 8, 2013 Posted February 8, 2013 This seems like a good idea. Kickstarter Open Source Death Star by http://www.gnut.co.uk — Kickstarter
ICTDirect_Dave Posted February 8, 2013 Posted February 8, 2013 Count me in! I degisned a possibly-functional Lightsabre idea years ago!
X-13 Posted February 8, 2013 Posted February 8, 2013 The main challenge is assuring Kickstarter that this is a joke and not a serious project. I want them to reach the goal and actually have to make it. Count me in! I degisned a possibly-functional Lightsabre idea years ago! Designs. Now. I sense a new project [that I'll never finish] coming on.
Miscbrah Posted February 8, 2013 Posted February 8, 2013 I'm cross they're not actually actually going to do it.
CyberNerd Posted February 8, 2013 Posted February 8, 2013 as long as they patch that stupid exhaust port "feature" count me in.
X-13 Posted February 8, 2013 Posted February 8, 2013 as long as they patch that stupid exhaust port "feature" count me in. They're going to use chicken wire to cover it.
CyberNerd Posted February 8, 2013 Posted February 8, 2013 They're going to use chicken wire to cover it. So the proton torpedo's miss and are just impacted off the surface? I hardly think that is a suitable solution, all it would take is a small single manned fighter to blast away the chicken wire with laser cannons and then fire the proton torpedo.
ICTDirect_Dave Posted February 8, 2013 Posted February 8, 2013 Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that they thought of covering it, but chicken wire? It wouldn't stand up to a single proton torp though, and yeah blaster fire would shift it too. What about moving the exhaust vent elsewhere and using this one as a decoy? It was stoopid to put it in a trench anyway
CyberNerd Posted February 8, 2013 Posted February 8, 2013 A deflector shield generator on the exhaust port, or even a small tractor beam would be much better suited.
X-13 Posted February 8, 2013 Posted February 8, 2013 A deflector shield generator on the exhaust port, or even a small tractor beam would be much better suited. I think the chicken wire is an interim measure until deflector/tractor beam technology is invented.
ICTDirect_Dave Posted February 8, 2013 Posted February 8, 2013 A deflector shield generator on the exhaust port, or even a small tractor beam would be much better suited. I think our practicality might be sucking the playful fun out of these kickstarter folks ideas
tmcd35 Posted February 8, 2013 Posted February 8, 2013 Part of me hopes they secure their funding and wishes I'd thought of doing this first. To be paid £20m send a few thank you letters and a woolly promise to etch names in "repair droids" ain't have bad!
CyberNerd Posted February 8, 2013 Posted February 8, 2013 I think our practicality might be sucking the playful fun out of these kickstarter folks ideas I find your lack of faith disturbing.
ICTDirect_Dave Posted February 8, 2013 Posted February 8, 2013 Family Guy - Ultimate Power Universe - YouTube
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now