penfold Posted February 5, 2013 Posted February 5, 2013 I'm upgrading a staff machine which has been using a networked scanner for the last few years through Office 2007. Now I've upgraded the machine and put Office 2010 on but it looks like the option to scan has been removed. I'll installed the driver for the networked scanner (IRC2880) but how do I actually scan the documents in now? I know it must be pretty obvious, but I'm hitting a blank.
penfold Posted February 5, 2013 Author Posted February 5, 2013 Try I P S....... Unfortunately, I need to show users how to do this and without something to click on I'm sure they will forget how to do it. Also, this only allows inserting an image, I also need it to do OCR as in 2007.
Ergo Posted February 5, 2013 Posted February 5, 2013 I have just had a quick look on my machine, and in the components of Office 2010 (I have ProPlus installed) there is a component available for Optical Character Recognition (OCR), you will find it under Office Tools in the customisation wizard. That should allow you to do imports of scanned images in to Word and have it convert to text. As for the actual scanning, you may want to install the tools/software which come with the scanner. I know that the HP one we have in the office supports "scan to MS Word" as an action which also includes OCR. Not sure if it uses the Office OCR or its own in-built software for that, but it does work ok. Dave
penfold Posted February 5, 2013 Author Posted February 5, 2013 Looks like I can do by installing the scanning facility from Office 2007 or sharepoint as per instructions here
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now