sonofsanta Posted December 4, 2012 Posted December 4, 2012 Go to your run prompt and type mmc (then enter) Then press Ctrl+M Then add in the bits you need - Group Policy Management being the obvious one, but you can throw other bits in as well. Then use as if you were on your domain controller. You can save this MMC snap in anywhere you like for easy future reference - I've got one tucked away in my home directory that has most of the good stuff in.
Little-Miss Posted December 4, 2012 Author Posted December 4, 2012 Right im back!! I was being a dopey cow with the RSAT thingy... I can see the GP's ive created on my 2k8 R2 machine....
Cache Posted December 4, 2012 Posted December 4, 2012 (edited) Well, I'm stumped. I would try enabling the file preference debug by following this on your server Enabling Group Policy Preferences Debug Logging using the RSAT - Ask the Directory Services Team - Site Home - TechNet Blogs and then checking the debug log on the client to see if it highlights anything obvious that's going wrong...... Might also be worth seeing if there's anything in the Group Policy Event log on the Win 7 client (Event Viewer -> Applications and Services -> Microsoft -> Windows -> GroupPolicy -> Operational) - I normally find nothing there, but you might be lucky (The applocker one has been a godsend for me at times) Edited December 4, 2012 by Cache 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now