JamesDM Posted November 22, 2012 Posted November 22, 2012 Has anyone got a solution for calculating capped point score per pupil in Excel? So far I've got SUM(LARGE(L2:BF2,{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8})) but this doesn't take into account the GCSE weighting for equivalencies e.g. if a BTEC subject is in the eighth highest add this twice. I already have a row with GCSE weighting per subject on it so I almost need to combine the above formula with SUMPRODUCT...somehow?
Pico Posted November 23, 2012 Posted November 23, 2012 I think your formula could be rewritten as: =SUMPRODUCT(L2:BF2*--((L2:BF2>=LARGE(L2:BF2,8)))) Then you could simply add in the weighting as follows: =SUMPRODUCT(L2:BF2*$BG2:$DA2*--((L2:BF2>=LARGE(L2:BF2,8)))) where $BG2:$DA2 contain your weightings for each subject column (except this might need to be an absolute range reference depending upon how you've set up your spreadsheet). HTH.
JamesDM Posted November 23, 2012 Author Posted November 23, 2012 Thanks for the reply but I can't get this to work, using the formula above gives me a value error. I tried using , instead of * to seperate the arrays in the formula but this just gives a total SUMPRODUCT, not a largest 8 SumProduct?
Pico Posted November 23, 2012 Posted November 23, 2012 (edited) Make sure that all your arrays are the same size. That's the most likely source of the value error. Any chance you could paste the formula that was generating the error or a mock up of what your spreadsheet looks like? Edited November 23, 2012 by Pico Corrected myself.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now