Steve21 Posted November 3, 2012 Posted November 3, 2012 Hey, These may seem stupid questions as I've not really been looking into these much yet, but: a) Am I right in thinking 365 won't work without an internet connection? It's purely "cloud", and no local client? b) I'm guessing 365 just has more features compared to the Hotmail style office? c) With 365 having multi-device licenses, I'm assuming one license would work across mac/pc/anything webbased? d) Except for the sync/cloud stuff, does 2013 lose anything compared to 365? e) Guessing all the versions will still run .docx thus work with eachother? Thanks, Steve
Arthur Posted November 3, 2012 Posted November 3, 2012 (edited) Ars Technica has a few articles that explain how Office 365 works from a consumer perspective and should answer all of your questions. Microsoft pushes home users toward Office subscriptions—whether they like it or not Office 2013: Microsoft's bid to win the future How Office 2013's streaming as a service works By Hotmail-style Office, do you mean the Office Web Apps? http://i.imgur.com/n2Fsz.png Edited November 3, 2012 by Arthur
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now