enjay Posted October 9, 2012 Posted October 9, 2012 I'm increasingly frustrated by how many basic administrative tasks I can't do within Google Apps, so have started looking at third party add-ons to add additional functionality. Can anyone give me some recommendations - positive and negative - for any products?
Netman Posted October 9, 2012 Posted October 9, 2012 Have you seen Google Apps Manager? It's a must have for quick, easy command line use... google-apps-manager - Dito Google Apps Manager - Google Project Hosting
CyberNerd Posted October 9, 2012 Posted October 9, 2012 Agree GAM is the way forward. You can script bulk changes quite easily in bash, Powershell or whatever you like.
enjay Posted October 10, 2012 Author Posted October 10, 2012 Google Apps Manager looks to be largely about command line ways of creating user accounts, which we've already done using Google Active Directory sync. What I'm more interested in is something which would allow me to access a user's mailbox, delegate access to other users, etc., basically anything which the users can do via the Settings screen.
CyberNerd Posted October 10, 2012 Posted October 10, 2012 Google Apps Manager looks to be largely about command line ways of creating user accounts, which we've already done using Google Active Directory sync. What I'm more interested in is something which would allow me to access a user's mailbox, delegate access to other users, etc., basically anything which the users can do via the Settings screen. You can access mailboxes, delegate access with GAM.
enjay Posted October 10, 2012 Author Posted October 10, 2012 Thanks, I'll give that a look in that case...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now