BatchFile Posted September 27, 2012 Posted September 27, 2012 (edited) I'm trying to get the serif suite working on XP X64 edition as a short term fix till next June when I can put Win7 X64 on, but the installer won't even try to install into it, failing with an error message that it will only work on 32 bit XP or (any) Vista (I've had it working on 7 X64 too, without this problem). Does anyone have any idea how to spoof serif into thinking it's on XP X86 when actually it is on X64? Or bypass the version check when it's installing? I realise that we might not get peak performance from it, but I'd like it to at least try! (I'd bet that it will be fine, but nobody thought anybody would try - it works fine on X64 Vista and 7 - but other stuff we need doesn't) I've thought along the lines of making one big MSI for the lot on a x86 machine to deploy, but I spent an hour and a bit on that this afternoon and screwed up at the end anyone got a better way? Edited September 27, 2012 by BatchFile It was a bit garbled before....
plexer Posted September 27, 2012 Posted September 27, 2012 Sorry I don't understand what you're asking? Ben
BatchFile Posted September 27, 2012 Author Posted September 27, 2012 Sorry I don't understand what you're asking? Ben I'm trying to get the serif suite working on XP X64 edition as a short term fix till next June when I can put Win7 X64 on, but the installer won't even try to install into it, failing with an error message that it will only work on 32 bit XP or (any) Vista. (I've had it working on 7 X64 too, without this problem) What I want to try is either bypassing this check, or reporting a different version of Windows to it, and installing it anyway, to see what happens as everything else is fine in this image.
plexer Posted September 27, 2012 Posted September 27, 2012 Serif page says their apps are not compatible with xp 64 bit. Ben
BatchFile Posted September 28, 2012 Author Posted September 28, 2012 Have you tried installing it silently? Giving that a go now
BatchFile Posted September 28, 2012 Author Posted September 28, 2012 Match Abandoned 'Unable to access Registration Wizard' So... DIDA software won't run on Windows 7 (or Vista, come to that), Serif Webplus (used for DIDA) won't run on XP X64... So It'll have to be XP X86, which wasn't particularly stable on this hardware last time I tried:rolleyes: Thank it's Friday!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now