datty Posted September 26, 2012 Posted September 26, 2012 Hi all, I'm very new to frog having just started at a new place that uses it. We have our school website built within frog which is working fine, the problem is that the url for the homepage is http://domain/index.phtml?d=564056 which isn't really ideal for a homepage. Is it possible to setup vhosts so I can point a subdomain at that url or something similar? Thanks Oli
MicrodigitUK Posted October 8, 2012 Posted October 8, 2012 Hi all, I'm very new to frog having just started at a new place that uses it. We have our school website built within frog which is working fine, the problem is that the url for the homepage is http://domain/index.phtml?d=564056 which isn't really ideal for a homepage. Is it possible to setup vhosts so I can point a subdomain at that url or something similar? Thanks Oli Do you mean somthing like this: If you go to this address you get the school website: www.sheldonschool.co.uk And this one you get the VLE login page: shelnet.sheldonschool.co.uk
datty Posted October 8, 2012 Author Posted October 8, 2012 Thanks for the reply, that's exactly what I'm after. How did you achieve that?
MicrodigitUK Posted October 8, 2012 Posted October 8, 2012 Thanks for the reply, that's exactly what I'm after. How did you achieve that? That's not my school site, but I did write the code they use to do this. It is not supported by Frog and done through a (unsupported) PHP brick that redirects based on the domin URL you visit the frog box from. I have requested this to be added to the toolkit as a multiple home page and domain config option. But it didn't get very far.... I can't post the FRG file on edugeek or I will be shot by the Frog Police. Send me a PM with your email.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now