Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a have a query which brings me up all the rows that have an entry in so I created a criteria of Is Not Null which shows this, within the same column I only want to show the rows if the do not have 17 characters in, some will have more some will have less.

 

Any ideas how to do this?

Posted (edited)

As in, everything below 17 chars but not empty?

 

SELECT * FROM MyStuff WHERE string IS NOT NULL AND Len(String) < 17

as an example

 

Or did I msunderstand?

 

Edit - If you mean anything but 17 this should do it

 

SELECT * FROM MyStuff WHERE string IS NOT NULL AND Len(String) <> 17

as an example

 

 

Steve

Edited by Steve21
Posted

This is what I have the query set to at the moment:

 

Query.JPG

 

Under the criteria I have now I want a bit that will show anything that isn't 17 characters in length, so less and some more but as an end result on that query I only want ones more or less than 17 and that have data in them.

 

I did try that one you gave me but it would not work, unless I was doing something wrong.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...