edutech4schools Posted September 25, 2012 Posted September 25, 2012 Hi, After a few attempts I have HAP V8 installed on a member server, YAY. I followed a post to create a self signed cert How to Set Up SSL on IIS 7 : The Official Microsoft IIS Site, then followed the HAP video. Now that I have HAP up and running I need to make it externally available for 2 or 3 teachers (small primary). Q1. I assume port 443 needs to be forwarded. Is that correct? Q2. Do any other ports need to be forwarded? Q3. Am I ok to use the self cert for external connections? Q4. Any lock down or security settings I need to be aware of from a 2008r2 IIS perspective? Thanks
nickbro Posted September 25, 2012 Posted September 25, 2012 1. Yes, it uses https, not http, so port 443 2. No 3. Yes but it's best to use a proper certificate. You can get a free one from StartSSL 4. Not really but you can run the windows analysis tools to be sure
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now