contink Posted June 20, 2007 Posted June 20, 2007 I know not many schools will have any of the Canon Pixma inkjets in their classrooms, etc... but I figured this nugget was worth passing along as I hit this purely by accident. Basically if the printer suddenly decides it's not going to power up, shows no signs of life after working fine for a while you need to try the following. Disconnect the printer from the power lead. Turn it upside down and locate the power supply unit in the printer.. This is usually held in with a couple of clips that need to be pushed out.. Pull the unit out and then disconnect the small cable that runs from the printers insides to the power unit. Carefully plug the power unit back into the power lead and listen out for that familiar sound of arcing as the power plug shoves home. (Dunno if this helps but it indicates if you've got power). Unplug the power unit again and then reconnect to the wiring leading into the printer. Push home the power unit, return to it's normal orientation (ie: right way up) and plug back into the power. Try turning it back on again. Bizarrely this worked for me on two printers (Canon MP830 and iP4300) that just gave up the ghost and refused to power on. No idea why it worked but it's one more thing to try before binning it.
MkII Posted June 20, 2007 Posted June 20, 2007 The bin is so much more suitable a place for them tho'!
contink Posted June 20, 2007 Author Posted June 20, 2007 The bin is so much more suitable a place for them tho'! There have been times I'd agree with you... The quality on them is very good.. I just wish I could get CIS's to work consistently with them.. Good printers if you don't mind refilling mind..
alonebfg Posted June 28, 2007 Posted June 28, 2007 i have got cis working with a pixma 4300 and works really well.
contink Posted July 2, 2007 Author Posted July 2, 2007 i have got cis working with a pixma 4300 and works really well. I have a 50% success rate with the blasted things... Sometimes it works, other times it suffers from an ink starvation issue with the magenta.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now