Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

(first off, I know this isn't Windows 7 related, but I can't find the hardware, recommendations, how do you do it forums - have these been moved/deleted?)

 

Our laptop users want to have two chargers, so they can leave one at home and keep one tucked away neatly on their desk, which is reasonable enough. OEM ones are about £50 and compatible ones on Amazon are £12.99, which is obviously quite a lot less. Are the cheaper ones generally okay or should I get the "proper" one?

Posted

With a caveat; I would too.

 

Sometime ago, I read a report from a major Trading Standards Dept that found, of a fair sample, NONE of the non-brand power adaptors to meet the BS spec. I'd look somewhere like CPC or MAplin rather than Amazon, as they at least would be there to sue if it came to it!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...