ADMaster Posted September 18, 2012 Posted September 18, 2012 (edited) Hello all, I have WDS / MDT 2010 running on 2008 r2. I have a windows 7 machine getting a boot error 0xc000014c system registry file missing or corrupt I have seen this a number of times and my solution is always to image it. I read today that a startup repair may fix it. My question is can I run startup repair from WDS / MDT or PXE boot in general? Thank you, Edited September 18, 2012 by dana_lehman added windows 7 detail
markcuk Posted September 18, 2012 Posted September 18, 2012 I have added syslinux boot to my WDS so I can boot iso images like msdart etc
ADMaster Posted September 18, 2012 Author Posted September 18, 2012 Yes I have PXElinux on the WDS server so when a machine netboots I can choose between Thinstation WDS and Gparted. I will look into geting it to boot awindows 7 install directly but didn't know if there were any task sequences or commands I could run from the WDS PE environment. If I cancel the image selection I get a command prompt. I've found tools to fix the MBR and cnkdisk. Is there a way to launch this startup repair from there? Thanks,
markcuk Posted September 18, 2012 Posted September 18, 2012 Hi Just run the windows 7 install image and choose repair like you would installing from the dvd
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now