Liam Posted September 5, 2012 Posted September 5, 2012 please someone help.. Over the summer i started to use WMI filteringfor different os's in particular for redirecting start menus. Previously we used man profiles and never got the open file security warning. Snce i have redirected start menus all users now get this warning when they open any shortcut from their start menu. I use namespaces for all shares too as this might be the reason for the issue. What i have tried. I hve tried adding both namespace and servername to the intranet zone of IE in GP I have tried allowing the *.ink to attament manager settings in GP I have tried running the logon script that adds my domain to the trusted list. Nothing works. Years ago i used this method for xp and it worked a treat. Windows 7 must handle it differently. If anyone could be of any help i would greatly appreciate it.
Liam Posted September 10, 2012 Author Posted September 10, 2012 Does anyone have an answer to this its driving me crazy
Liam Posted September 10, 2012 Author Posted September 10, 2012 (edited) Sorted it.. user config/admin tools/windows components/attachment manager. low risk security list add .lnk and .exe Edited September 10, 2012 by Liam 1
itsmemario Posted September 11, 2012 Posted September 11, 2012 Or add your unc paths to the intranet locations in IE settings (or something like that )
Liam Posted September 28, 2012 Author Posted September 28, 2012 Or add your unc paths to the intranet locations in IE settings (or something like that ) I tried that as stated above.. Doesn't work with win 7. Used to be fine in xp
soveryapt Posted November 27, 2012 Posted November 27, 2012 Sorted it.. user config/admin tools/windows components/attachment manager. low risk security list add .lnk and .exe Just what I was looking for to get our PaperCut client to run smoothly. Ta
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now