Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

 

For my home server, Win 2008 server before it died, it was backed up to external hard drive - and I can attach this as a VHD and access all the files no problem. However, now that I've installed a fresh Server 2008 on a new machine, I want to recover the system state and basically all of C:\ of my old server, but I cannot as it states that it cannot find any back ups?! Tried restarting the machine into repair mode and using System Image recovery but that says the same.

 

what's the best option ? - Copy and paste required files from VHD and start fresh? - seems a waste of time?

 

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...