Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

 

I am testing a HP t5565 with the HP ThinPro operating system and I'm trying to lock it down so the kids in our school can't mess with it. I've done most of it except for two things which I want to disable.

 

1) When right clicking the desktop, a normal user can select Control Center and load that up. I want this disabled, as it provides access to system information, where the kids would be able to ping servers using the network diagnostics.

 

2) Disable the shutdown feature, or make it reboot when shutdown is selected. Otherwise kids will just turn them all off.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...