ADMaster Posted May 15, 2012 Posted May 15, 2012 Does anyone know how to disable Mimio update check? My teachers get a message to update frequently and until Mimio fixes their install it is not feasible to push out every minor version. I have used procmon to try and determine a registry value that could be set with no luck. I will try again, the setting has to be stored somewhere. Thank you,
AshishAggarwal Posted May 16, 2012 Posted May 16, 2012 In order to disable the Mimio update check, open up MimioStudio Notebook then click on the Tools Header -> Settings -> Under MimioStudio Settings select Software Update and uncheck the box "Notify me when updates are available" and click OK.
ADMaster Posted May 16, 2012 Author Posted May 16, 2012 Thanks for the response @AshishAggarwal I am aware of that setting to do it manually, but I want to change 250 laptops. I will need a gpo or a script. Thanks,
AshishAggarwal Posted May 16, 2012 Posted May 16, 2012 My developers just told me that there is an open bug to fix this issue. So even if you uncheck the box you will still be notified of updates. This will be fixed in the next release of MimioStudio.
ADMaster Posted May 16, 2012 Author Posted May 16, 2012 @AshishAggarwal With your comment about my developers, are you a Mimio rep? Your name looks familiar. If you are, a feature request would be to have the option to set the update preference during install time, and a method to programmatically change it later as well. also welcome to the forums! Thanks
AshishAggarwal Posted May 16, 2012 Posted May 16, 2012 Yes, I am the Technical Support Specialist for Mimio. I will pass along this feature request to our Prodcuct Management. 1
SYNACK Posted May 16, 2012 Posted May 16, 2012 Yes, I am the Technical Support Specialist for Mimio. I will pass along this feature request to our Prodcuct Management. @AshishAggarwal - in which case thanks for 9.14, it is great to have a GPO deployable package. If your developers are still working on making it more freindly for network installs the above feature of centralised settings deployment (even just for updates to start with) would be a great help. If the settings are stored as registry keys in the right place it should be realitivly easy for the devs or one of us (If we know the keys and possible values) to create an ADM/ADMX template to allow these settings to be configured through group policy on all stations at once.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now