themightymrp Posted April 26, 2012 Posted April 26, 2012 I have just been setting up the Help Desk feature of our VLE (Frog) so that staff can submit problems which are then sent to my email address. Does anybody know of a way of creating an email Rule which would parse the email for subject headings and then split the data off and export it to Excel or Access? For example, an email arrives to me looking like this: Time: 25th April 2012 (Wednesday) 15:36:28 Contact Name: Somebody Smith E-mail:: [email protected] Equipment_ID:: Room 30 Problem:: The is a problem with such and such a machine I would like the email to arrive and Outlook to recognise the headings and export the data into a spreadheet/database. This way I can keep a long term log of faults. Any help appreciated Cheers
Steve21 Posted April 26, 2012 Posted April 26, 2012 You "could" set it up like this: Run vba script to copy to textfile, then run excel macro which would be setup to import the data. "Should work" (Disclaimer ), but not exactly "smooth", and would need to be able to actually run the scripts/excel etc on a computer. Steve 1
alemartin Posted August 6, 2014 Posted August 6, 2014 Hi, I think I need the same... how to integrate Outlook with Excel in order to when I receive an specific email, my spreadsheet can sync? Can you help me?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now