Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Finally got around to installing Vista on my home PC.

 

Turns out my Creative Soundblaster 5.1 isn't supported by Creative and they won't be making it work :(

 

Annoying when it worked fine on all the Betas I tried and RC1, never tried RC2.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I installed it on my home laptop over the weekend no sound, ac'97, installed updated drivers which then stopped the wireless working.... So now back to XP Pro will wait awhile before i install it on my laptop again.
Guest richard
Posted
Sound issues seems to be one of the most common problems with Vista at present.
Posted
I uninstalled Vista from my workstation last week and many, many problems suddenly vanished. It particularly didn'y like my Nvidia GeForce 7300GT with screen disruption and crashes frequent occurences. Nvidia blame Microsoft and Microsft blame Nvidias drivers. I'm much happier with XP again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...