Admiral208 Posted March 4, 2012 Posted March 4, 2012 So its fairly likely that by the time HTC release an official update to my Desire S, I will be due an upgrade in 12 months time. Can someone recommend a custom ICS rom for me us use? I haven't yet rooted so it would be good to get a link with some instructions how to do that too. Thanks James
siuko Posted March 5, 2012 Posted March 5, 2012 Your best bet is to probably read through some of the forum posts about ICS roms at XDA Developers See which ones are running the best with least problems etc Its where I get all my roms for my LG Optimus 3D 1
CyberNerd Posted March 5, 2012 Posted March 5, 2012 I am currently running ICS 0.4.2.1 on Desire. (not a desire S). Camera view isn't working but is otherwise stable ish. [bETA 0.4.2.1][01.03] ICS for Desire [FULL HW][ALL HBOOTS][4.0.3] - xda-developers 1
sted Posted March 5, 2012 Posted March 5, 2012 im not sure its worth it. I have ics on my asus transformer (now granted a tablet) and im not sure its an improvement im tempted to roll that back (if you can) there are just some things in ics that are annoying (my main bugbear being the default browser cant be set to just show every page as a desktop it defaults to mobile (now granted on a phone thats probably a good thing but still is removed functionality) and my battery life sems less 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now