Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Alright, I have made this circuit with 2 555's timers, A 4017 decade counter and a 4026 decade counter driver. Now, I am fast in electronics and can make a circuit bored within two weeks whereas it would take everyone else about three mouths, therefore I chose to challenge myself by trying to make a random dice, without any use of a Picaxe or a microcontoller. The problem I am having is with a glitch that I have found in the animation sequence, but before I get to that I need to say more about the circuit in general:

XKGXe6.png

The program I am using is circuit wizard, but when you have a look at this circuit it look either complicated or simple. So the first 555 is the timer, the next 555 is a pulses, the 4017 is the rest chip which stops the 4026 driver from going over 6. Now all of the logic gates are the problem. Which I will show in the video Below:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49665279/Test.gif

As you can see, there is a type of animation that plays which is what I want the end product to be, so that once you press the PTM switch, the led's inside the 7 segments on the outside light up and play in a circle as you see, the rest, well if you are good at electronics you will understand it. But the problems are as follows, problem with animation needs to play smoothly, Number after the animation has been played it needs to show up afterwards, there is a display pin which turns on the display and off, which is here:

DU70Sb.jpg

 

Please bear with the gif, as it has to buffer. After the sequence has played it should play without lag.

Edited by SeanHall

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...