Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hi, sorry to post this here. I'm sure there used to be a supplier threat we could appeal for quotes on. Anyway, I'm looking to get 10 iPads for the school, and would welcome PMs from any suppliers will to quote. Thanks! Ideally want to make a decision today.
Posted
Ideally want to make a decision today.

 

Obviously it's up to you, but it's likely the iPad 3 is announced on 7th march. Which either means new iPad, or huge reduction in old one? Might be worth waiting a week, and finding out. If nothing announced go for older ones, but if it is, seems a shame to buy it so close. But obviously your choice :)

 

Steve

Posted

PM'd :)

 

Even if the iPad 3 is annouced on 7th, stock won't be available for quite a while. The same happended with the iPad 2 came out. Absolute nightmare! Ha

Posted
I'm not too fussed about holding out for the iPad 3. None of the predicted advances seem likely to affect us, and the price is going to be at least £100 more, going historically.
Posted
I'm not too fussed about holding out for the iPad 3. None of the predicted advances seem likely to affect us, and the price is going to be at least £100 more, going historically.

 

I would definitely wait until the announcement is done. There are several rumours of a cheaper version/ipad 2 discounted as well as a high end one but its the typical rumours with apple although basically when a new iphone comes out the old model becomes the cheap version now.

Posted

Hi JMB,

 

we actually have stock of the iPad2's so will definately be able to help, free next day delivery as ever.

 

Will drop you a PM with further details.

 

Thanks,

 

Mark

Posted
Hi JMB,

 

we actually have stock of the iPad2's so will definately be able to help, free next day delivery as ever.

 

Will drop you a PM with further details.

 

Thanks,

 

Mark

 

Not related to this thread so no use to the OP but I will pay delivery if CPLTD will pay for one 16gb wi-fi only iPad 2 and ship it to myself :D :behindsofa:

Posted
I just had a conversation with an "Apple Education Re-seller" who basically told me NOT to order this week and wait until the 7th March, so I would wait a week
Posted

I am going to bet somewhere between £299 and £349.

 

Unless you can read Tim Cook's mind, I don't think anyone will know until the day the iPad 3 is announced. :D

  • Thanks 1
Posted
I am going to bet somewhere between £299 and £349.

 

Unless you can read Tim Cook's mind, I don't think anyone will know until the day the iPad 3 is announced. :D

 

Hopefully the iPad 3 has a lot more then just a higher res screen on it !!

Posted
Either way have a word with KRCS, did me a cracking price on 16 iPad 2's recently. Knew about the iPad3's and I care not a jot because they will provide nothing *for the pupils* that the 2 provides. Except lower price iPad 2s.
  • Thanks 1
Posted
Thanks synaesthesia, I agree completely. Although...I wonder if you'd be willing to PM me the price they gave you so I can approach them better-prepared? :-)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...