Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

It was always a device I'd hoped to get my hands on, but apparently they are no longer to make them, so if you have on, look after it!

 

87e868|c8a3_3229-1.jpg

 

GP2X Wiz Portable Arcade & Console Emulator - GP2XWiz.info

 

If you don't know what it is, or rather was, the GP series of handheld games consoles basically ran emulators so you could use them to play MAME, Megadrive, SNES and a whole raft of other platforms games on, and at just over £100 was a bargain

It would have made a great travel companion, but now sadly Gamepark (the makers) have decided not to produce any more hardware :(

Posted
I'm already planning to make a small MAME device out of one to attach to the TV, but the GP2X was a tiny bundle of portable gaming joyesness. I'll just have to keep tabs on eBay.
Posted
I'm already planning to make a small MAME device out of one to attach to the TV

 

I reckon I can figure out how to make a case to fit the Raspberry Pi, some batteries and a screen (assuming someone else publishes instructions on how to attach a small LCD screen via the internal header pins), but how would you do the controller buttons?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...