CHR1S Posted May 10, 2007 Posted May 10, 2007 Ok so I have a stroppy projector, I have cleaned the filters etc etc and it works fine when sitting on the desk. Switch it to the ceiling mounted position (thats turning it upside down for the non in the know people ) and it starts fine does the 15 second count down and goes off all fans on full. What is your expert prognosis for the patient?
Midget Posted May 10, 2007 Posted May 10, 2007 dust? loose ...something? headache? try pouring some dispersible aspin into it
Andrew_C Posted May 10, 2007 Posted May 10, 2007 I had one which had a loose grill, hidden behind the plastic trim, that when inverted would jam one of the fans. Detection system says "Ouch, I'm hot!" and shuts down.
CHR1S Posted May 10, 2007 Author Posted May 10, 2007 I've stripped it, cleaned it reconnected every connector, tightened every screw and its still doing it.... how annoying
Midget Posted May 10, 2007 Posted May 10, 2007 then dont put it upside down, and get them to use the remote to control it
Ashers Posted May 10, 2007 Posted May 10, 2007 We had a similar situation when a projector that was fitted in our main hall failed, we got the scafolding out and took it down cleaned it tested it and all was OK. Then we put it back and it failed as soon as we turned it upside down. We couldn't find anything else wrong and out of desperation we replaced the bulb ad it worked. No idea why, but worth a go if you have a spare bulb.
GrumbleDook Posted May 10, 2007 Posted May 10, 2007 If that fails then jumping up and down on it is fun too ... it won't make it work but it will be satisfying!
Andrew_C Posted May 11, 2007 Posted May 11, 2007 Be careful abusing these lamps. They work at high pressure and can be spectacular when they fail...
CHR1S Posted May 11, 2007 Author Posted May 11, 2007 I think that there is some sort of movent switch on the projector that cuts the power if its dropped/nocked etc and I think thats whats turning it off when its upsidedown. Thats all it can be right?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now