Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi

 

I have a bit of an issue and was wondering if anyone can help.

 

I have a VM which was recent P2V from physical hardware. It is a SUSE linux VM and for some reason I am not able to mount either a CD-ROM drive from either my machine or from the ESX host where the VM is sitting on. I have installed the VMware tools successfully.

 

As its SUSE I have gone into Yast and checked the hardware information and it does show a cd-rom with VMware as the vendor so I am assuming that the OS can see a cd-rom drive but for what ever reason the cd-rom cannot be seen when I mount.

 

I have checked on the settings for the VM and ensured the device status is set to connected and connect at power on. I have tried client device, host device and even an ISO but when I ssh to the os I cannot see the CD-Rom or any of its files.

 

Does anyone know what could be wrong. I have created brand new linux OS before but never had an issue, I am think maybe because its a P2V and I need to make some adjustments.

 

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks

Edited by ranj

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...