Dos_Box Posted December 13, 2011 Posted December 13, 2011 OK, I need a few knowlegable answers here please. As my old Logitech keyboard is on it's last legs and I have an old, but perfectly good Microsoft Wireless Multimedia (v1.0a) Keyboard say in the cupboard doing nothing I thought I'd use that instead. All I needed was a PS2 to USB adaptor to fit onto the wireless adaptor which I duly picked up fom CPC this morning. The only problem is that whilst the mouse side of the wireless adaptor works on it's own seperate USB channel and works fine, the PS2 side seems to be having problems. When I try and pair the keyboard I get a 'USB Device not recognised error. This happens on both Windows 7 and XP. A little looking around seems to indicate that as the PS2 and USB protocols are different simply having an adaptor on a motherboard that does not have PS2 fitted (as mine does) means that you will not be able to use the adaptor as the signal is simply garbles, hence the USB error message. Can anyone confirm or deny this and, more urgently, does anyone have a workaround?
Dos_Box Posted December 13, 2011 Author Posted December 13, 2011 Ah, I've found the answer here: ps/2 to USB keyboard and mouse convertor In short, a cheap passive PS2-USB convertor isn't going to do it. I'd need a PS2-USB signal convertor that has integrated circutry to correctly translate the PS2 signal over to USB
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now