LosOjos Posted December 1, 2011 Posted December 1, 2011 I'm trying to brush up on my outdated web development skills and my first port of call is Joomla template development. I've managed to construct a very basic template from Joomla's own tutorial (no, really! Look!) and now I'm looking to move in to some more advanced customisation. Can anybody recommend a good resource to help me learn how Joomla templates work? The ones on the Joomla wiki are very basic (unless I'm looking in the wrong place that is)...
LosOjos Posted December 1, 2011 Author Posted December 1, 2011 To be a bit more specific, I'm looking for some decent documentation/tutorials that explain content placement as the Joomla wiki only seems to cover the core elements
rush_tech Posted December 1, 2011 Posted December 1, 2011 There is loads of free/premium template out there, take one of those and alter it to your liking it quite easy with the tools that are available chrome has it own, firebug for firefox. When you say content placement do you mean module positions? every template will have module positions which modules can be published in you can normally be viewed in the template manger. 1
LosOjos Posted December 1, 2011 Author Posted December 1, 2011 There is loads of free/premium template out there, take one of those and alter it to your liking it quite easy with the tools that are available chrome has it own, firebug for firefox. When you say content placement do you mean module positions? every template will have module positions which modules can be published in you can normally be viewed in the template manger. That was my initial attack but I'd really like to find some decent guides on the subject - it's all fine and dandy editing someone else's template but if you want to do anything out of the ordinary, you're up the creek! I like to really understand what it is I'm doing with this kind of thing...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now