wesleyw Posted October 13, 2011 Posted October 13, 2011 I've recently setup a development server for Moodle 2 I have configured the settings for LDAP to work (same as my Moodle 1.9 version) "I" try logging in and get an error stating error writing to database however if I log in as a test pupil this doesn't occur? I've created several Moodle 2 servers (all exhibiting this behaviour) so I thought it must be my fault and downloaded an ISO of TurnKey Moodle Appliance and tried this same error? I'll post up the debug error message in a minute. Any thoughts? Wes
wesleyw Posted October 13, 2011 Author Posted October 13, 2011 Debug info: Stack trace: * line 394 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_write_exception thrown * line 843 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end() * line 885 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record_raw() * line 3468 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record() * line 3749 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to create_user_record() * line 133 of /login/index.php: call to authenticate_user_login() interestingly if I try and login as myself or a staff member and deliberately enter the wrong password it just states invalid login as it should? Wes
wesleyw Posted October 13, 2011 Author Posted October 13, 2011 Think I may have tracked the offending thing down now I had set the ID Number to a special AD field setup by our MIS system if I remove this the issue goes away? I think postgre maybe needed here as it seems to be an issue caused by MySQL and the UTF8_collation? Wes
wesleyw Posted October 18, 2011 Author Posted October 18, 2011 Sadly even Postgresql didn't fix it but if I put the entity field in description not ID Number then it works obviously a problem with the ID number field between versions 1.9 and 2.1.2. Solved! Wes
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now