adamt82 Posted April 24, 2007 Posted April 24, 2007 I have setup SharePoint to work externally, which is all functioning correctly. I have setup the SharePoint Learning kit and when I click on My Assignments externally it tries to connect to the internal address, it doesn’t resolve it to the external URL Any help would be appreciated
apearce Posted April 26, 2008 Posted April 26, 2008 This is an old post but thought I would reply anyway in case some else has the same issue. Early version of SLK use the default Alternative Accessing Mapping set in Control Admin. If your default is the internal address it will try and connect to this. Heres a blog post on how to fix the issue SharePoint Learning Kit: Default Alternate Access Mapping - Alex Pearce's SharePoint Blog 1
zag Posted April 29, 2008 Posted April 29, 2008 Thanks for the update, I actually gave up on SLK because of this issue. We now use Moodle instead which works perfectly.
Quackers Posted November 7, 2008 Posted November 7, 2008 Did this issue ever get fixed? I've done a work around by setting our default to the external address, but because when internal we point it to \\servername for integrated windows authentication, when they click the assignment link they have to login in again as it points to the external http://www.*****.sch.uk domain.
Domino Posted November 7, 2008 Posted November 7, 2008 yeah, you need to set up the alternative access mappings as per this Microsoft SharePoint Team Blog : What every SharePoint administrator needs to know about Alternate Access Mappings (Part 1 of 3) See a recent thread on the same issue http://www.edugeek.net/forums/how-do-you-do/25876-sharepoint-aam-issue.html
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now