Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Are they any good generally? One of our Smart-UPS 1500's is reporting a failed battery (luckily we have 2 for redundancy) and an official APC replacement is over £200 in most places. But 3rd party batteries are less than £100. However I've read that they don't come with battery trays? Is it a big job swapping the one from the original battery?

 

Finally, any recommended retailers for 3rd party batteries? There are quite a few different ones.

Posted
I bought a pair off of ebay ... they work perfectly. Our cost was, from memory about £25.00 for our APC 700 ... Just pull off the front plate and undo 2 screws (from memory) and another plate hinges down ... you can then get to the batteries and change them ...
Posted
Should be fine. I wouldn't use Asda's own brand though. What I actually meant was you need batteries designed to be floated for ever, then deep discharged; rather than a car battery that gets a short big hit on starting, then equilibrium for the length of the drive.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...