Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

V7 - System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm installing V7 for the first time.

 

I have the app pool in IIS6

 

I have the HAP folder under web sites.

 

I've made the configuration changes as specified in the help but receive the following error:

 

System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException

 

This occurs at the point of entering my UPN/username/password.

 

Any advice welcome on what this could be.

Posted

See this from a previous post

 

Open ~/Web.config

Right down the bottom, try deleting

[color=blue]        <[/color][color=#a31515]standardEndpoints[/color][color=blue]>
[/color] [color=blue]            <[/color][color=#a31515]webHttpEndpoint[/color][color=blue]>
[/color] [color=blue]                <[/color][color=#a31515]standardEndpoint [/color][color=red]name[/color][color=blue]=[/color]""[color=red] helpEnabled[/color][color=blue]=[/color]"[color=blue]true[/color]"[color=red] faultExceptionEnabled[/color][color=blue]=[/color]"[color=blue]true[/color]" [color=red]automaticFormatSelectionEnabled[/color][color=blue]=[/color]"[color=blue]true[/color]"[color=blue]/>[/color]
[color=blue]            [/color][color=#a31515]webHttpEndpoint[/color][color=blue]>[/color]
[color=blue]        [/color][color=#a31515]standardEndpoints[/color][color=blue]>
[/color]

Posted

webcfg.png

 

Thanks for the response Nick. After removal of the code mentioned in your post I am left with the above and the error still prevails.

Posted

Nick

 

I've moved on from the last error and have uninstalled it all three times. Restarted the server and cleared all cache so I'm as clean as can be.

 

Re-installed (IIS6 variety) and all went well.

 

Browsed to the HAP setup and got the screen as I should. Entered the School name and website and entered the UPN with username and password which has now been accepted and allows me to browse AD for the Students group.

 

However when I go to save this I receive the following error.

 

I'm making progress with it but keep hitting snaglets. Many thanks for your assistance on what looks like a great project.

 

The following error appears:

 

haperroronsave.png

 

All advice welcome

 

Chris

Posted

To add further to this I tried just the first two lines and saved it and it worked! I then entered the AD Connection information including the student group and it worked!

 

Onwards and upwards.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...