Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Our XP clients use OWA as their email client internally - this works fine everywhere but in one area of the school (around 20 PCs) there is an odd problem.

 

When a user (student, staff or admin) creates a New email and enters the recipient etc, then clicks send they get a dialogue box popping up that simply says 'OK'

 

When they click that the email is sent (and delivered OK) but the email is still left showing, when they close that window they then get the message 'Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page etc' - clicking 'yes' and the window disappears.

 

Very odd - I guess its caused by another piece of software as it only happens on this departments PCs (various PC types and ages) but I'm not sure what

 

Anyone seen this before? Its exchange 2003 if that makes any difference

Posted
1. To rule out Exch, just simply test with the same mail account on another PC in a different rule, if it all works, then it wouldpoint to your client build.
Posted
I've just reinstalled the SMIME client plugin on one of them and its now working. Odd - I'll have to see if I can force them all to reinstall to see if this works

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...