IKWeb Posted September 3, 2011 Posted September 3, 2011 Hello All I have a Windows Security group which I want to add to all membes on my exchange server I.E give the group full controle over the users mailbox so anyone who is then placed in this group can view that uses mailbox. I am doing this on bulk and have used the below script Get-Mailbox | Where { $_.OrganizationalUnit -eq “test.internal/test High School - Users/teaching staff” } | Add-MailboxPermission -User "access all staff mailboxes" -AccessRights Fullaccess -InheritanceType all This script dosnt give any errors when it runs, and looks like its finished. But when I then go and view the users Manage full acces permissions the group access all staff mailboxes isnt listed. Yes if I use this script Add-MailboxPermission -Identity "user1" -User "Access all staff mailboxes" -AccessRights Fullaccess -InheritanceType all it works and adds the group. am in missing something here?? TIA
Arthur Posted September 4, 2011 Posted September 4, 2011 This script doesn't give any errors when it runs, and looks like it's finished. But when I then go and view the users Manage full acces permissions the group access all staff mailboxes isnt listed. Did you wait a couple of hours for the Information Store service to refresh its mailbox configuration cache?
PiqueABoo Posted September 4, 2011 Posted September 4, 2011 Possibly stating the obvious, but does running the first part (below) list any mailboxes? Get-Mailbox | Where { $_.OrganizationalUnit -eq “test.internal/test High School - Users/teaching staff” }
sukh Posted September 5, 2011 Posted September 5, 2011 1. Running the script will only work once, unless you schedule it, maybe if you have your staff on 1 DB, grant access at the DB level that way any new mailboxes created will have this permission applied to them. Something like the below. Get-MailboxDatabase -identity “[mailbox database name]” | Add-ADPermission -user [username] -AccessRights GenericAll 1
IKWeb Posted September 7, 2011 Author Posted September 7, 2011 Hello All Sorry for the late reply. Been mad with all the kids back from holiday. The script from Sukh worked a treat :-) what kinda of file ext would I need to give it if I wanted to create this as a sched task? Thanks again!!
sukh Posted September 7, 2011 Posted September 7, 2011 Hello All Sorry for the late reply. Been mad with all the kids back from holiday. The script from Sukh worked a treat :-) what kinda of file ext would I need to give it if I wanted to create this as a sched task? Thanks again!! 1. You shouldnt have to, it;s applied at that database level so any new mailboxes created on that database will inherit the permission.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now