Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Need To 'Un-Set' A Default Domain Policy [Internet Explorer Proxy]


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

We have a policy set at the top of our Domain [Default Domain Policy]

 

One of the settings in the Default Domain Policy defines Internet Explorer Proxies [same for Students and Staff] This was fine while they had the same proxy settings. However recently some changes have occurred at our LEA/ISP which means that we can now allow a more relaxed setting for our Staff whille keeping the old setting for Students.

 

I am finding that the Default Domain Policy is rippling through the OUs applying itself to Students and Staff alike. If I remove the proxy settings or delete the GPO then no proxies are set despite the presence of GPOs lower down the tree to 'pick up the slack'

 

My question: How can I 'un-set' the proxy settings in this Default Domain Policy and allow the newer GPOs set the proxies I want applied?

 

Many thanks.

 

Edit: Fixed it by changing the permissions on the Default Domain Policy: Not the solution I would have liked but it is working now. It has given me weeks of grief!

Edited by 6Foot2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...